This combination of grains, yogurt and fruit makes for a delicious drink that keeps you going all morning. Not only is it packed with calcium from the yogurt and vitamin C from the blackcurrants and mango, but the grains have a slow releasing carb effect.
- 30g fresh or thawed blackcurrants
- 80ml natural whole milk yogurt
- 75ml cloudy apple juice
- 2 tsps mashed mango (ideally Alphonso type)
- 10ml honey
- 10g mixed spelt flakes / oats (5g each type, crushed to a coarse sawdust texture). NB: If spelt flakes are unavailable, use all oats, but only 8g.
- Press the blackcurrants through a sieve, discarding the pulp that's left behind.
- Add the blackcurrant juice you have made to all the other ingredients apart from the grains and whizz or stir them together.
- Add the grains.