A fruity and refreshing way to cool down on a hot day
- 250 g blackcurrants
- 3 tbsp orange juice
- 1/2 cup + 1 tsp (75 g) 3 oz icing sugar (confectioners sugar), sifted
- 284 ml whipping cream blackcurrants and whipped cream to decorate
1. Puree the blackcurrants and orange juice, then stir in the icing sugar.
2. Whip the cream until fairly thick and fold into the blackcurrant mixture.
3. Spoon the mixture into a 500 g loaf tin. Cover with clingfilm or foil and freeze until firm.
4. Turn out on to a plate and decorate with blackcurrants and whipped cream before serving.