Keep some of these in the freezer for instant summer chill
5 mins plus freezing time
- 300g fresh or thawed frozen blackcurrant
- 2 tsp caster sugar
- 200ml apple and pear juice
- a lolly mould for four lollies
- Place the blackcurrants and sugar into a pan and heat for a few minutes until the sugar dissolves and the fruit softens.
- Sieve the blackcurrants to extract the liquid only, discarding the pulp.
- Divide the juice into the bottom of the lolly moulds and place in the freezer for about an hour, or until the juice has nearly frozen solid.
- Carefully pour the apple and pear juice on top to fill and return to the freezer for another hour at least, or until the lollies are completely frozen.